(Cali, June 8th, 2016) This Thursday June 9th, in the city of Bogota the Great Valle del Cauca Regional Summit ‘A Valley of Opportunities’ will be held; a business encounter that shows why Valle del Cauca is one of the regions with the largest growth and competitiveness in the Country, leading the commercial integration of the Pacific Rim.
The event is led by Valle del Cauca Governor’s office, City Hall of Cali and the Chamber of Commerce of Cali, and conducted by Semana Magazine. Also partaking there were the Comite Intergremial Empresarial (Inter-guild Business Committee) of Valle del Cauca, Invest Pacific and business people from several sectors.
“We are looking for business people, guild and opinion leaders, the media and institutions of the Country to know the financial and business dynamics of Cali and Valle del Cauca, taking advantage of the excellent financial moment we are going through” Said Maurice Armitage, Mayor of Santiago de Cali.
In turn, Esteban Piedrahita, C.E.O at the Chamber of Commerce of Cali said that “Valle was one of the greatest departments in Colombia, at least benefitted by the mining and energy boom. Now, with a competitive exchange rate, by being a strong industrial producer and the largest recipient of abroad remittances, the region is leading the Country’s financial growth and offers great investment opportunities”.
During the event, Valle del Cauca Governor – Dilian Francisca Toro- will show the audience ‘El Valle está en vos’ (Valle is in you), a presentation explaining the relevant projects of the Department’s development plan.
The agency brings in two business groups. The first one ‘Un Valle a la Conquista’ (A Conquering Valley) aims to highlight the diversity and excellence of the business network and, the second ‘Un Valle sin distancias’ (A Valley without distances) will demonstrate which national and international companies are still having Valle as a competitive option to develop and expand their enterprises.
SCHEDULE FOR VALLE’S GREAT REGIONAL SUMMIT
“UN VALLE DE OPORTUNIDADES”
GRAND SALON –EL NOGAL CLUB-
BOGOTA, JUNE 9TH, 2016
7:30 – 8:00
8:00 – 8:10
Opening Alejandro Santos, SEMANA Magazine Director
8:10 – 8:20
Words by Maurice Armitage, Cali’s Mayor
8:20 – 8:50
El Valle esta en Vos (Valley is in you)
Dilian Francisca Toro Torres, Valle del Cauca Governor
8:50 – 9:20
La Hora del Valle (It is Valle’s time!)
Esteban Piedrahita Uribe, C.E.O at the Chamber of Commerce of Cali
9:20 – 10:10 Panel ‘Un Valle a la Conquista’ (A Conquering Valley)
Moderator: Alejandro Santos
- Juan Ramón Guzman –Belleza Express Manager
- Marcela Granados – Medical Director at Valle del Lili Clinical Foundation
- Andrea Buenaventura –Delirio Foundation
- Cesar Caicedo – C.E.O Colombina Business Group
11:00 – 11:50 Panel ‘Un Valle sin Distancias’ (A Valley without distances)
Moderator: Diego Martinez Lloreda
- Alvaro Jose Serrano – Hero Motors C.E.O
- Juan Felipe Montoya – Incubadora Santander ‘Huevos Kikes’ (Kike’s Eggs) C.E.O
- Fabio Cadavid –Ingredion General Manager
- Carlos Ramiro Becerra – Aptar Group
- Alejandro Ossa – Invest Pacific
11:50 – 12:30
Comments: Mauricio Santamaria and Rodrigo Pardo
- Alfredo Ramón Bula – FONADE Director
- Luis Fernando Arboleda – FINDETER C.E.O
- Clemente del Valle – Financiera de Desarrollo Nacional (National Development Broker) C.E.O
- Alejandro Eder – Fundacion para el Desarrollo Integral del Pacífico (Pacific Wholesome Development Foundation) Director
Further information, Bogota: (571) 607 3040
Outside Bogota:01 8000 517171 – Cell phone: (57)312 529 8912